This heat shield is designed to work with popular stock replacement tubular turbo manifolds for the 2008+ Mitsubishi EVO X. It is highly recommended for all EVO X’s with plastic valve covers (2010+), which tend to melt with the use of most aftermarket manifolds. It is also recommended for all EVO X’s in racing applications, even with metal valve covers (2008-2009). It is a superior heat management solution compared to ceramic coating or header wrap and won’t rattle or vibrate much like metal heat shields.
- Rugged outer layer designed to withstand the harshest conditions
- Core consists of ceramic insulation with a silica base fabric protected by stainless steel wire mesh
- Inner layer capable of withstanding 1800°F continuous and 2200°F intermittent
- Reduces under-hood temps and protects other engine components
- Reduces turbo lag and increases turbine efficiency
- Includes stainless steel extension springs for easy installation and removal