Featuring new compressor wheels with updated blade geometries and larger inducer diameters, the new blade shapes and larger inducer diameters, along with matching compressor covers, result in increased mass air flow and enable engines to achieve higher peak power.
Along with increasing the wheel size, the compressor wheel blade shape and contour have been optimized to maximize flow while minimizing efficiency hits. BorgWarner also created a distinct compressor cover contour profile to maximize the air flow through the turbocharger. The new compressor wheels have been anodized black for visual impact and to differentiate the new models from existing EFR Series products. With the design changes to the compressor wheel and cover, the company’s latest aftermarket parts will provide up to an extra 200 horsepower (hp) than was previously possible.
- Gamma-Ti turbine wheel
- Dual ceramic ball bearing assembly with metal cage
- Black anodized forged milled compressor wheel (FMW)
- Stainless steel turbine housing
- Water cooled bearing housing
- Compressor recirculation valve (a.k.a BOV)
- Boost solenoid valve
- Speed sensor
- Turbine outlet v-band
- Turbine inlet gasket
- Oil drain gasket or drain port fitting